My Lover likes to know what I want for presents and I thought I would
like to try UV photography. So I put ' 58mm UV pass filter for UV photography
eg 18A ' on the list.

        She took the list to the camera shop closest to where she works and got
them to order some stuff in. They even made a joke about other things on the
list when she showed it to them.

        On christmas day when she handed me one of the parcels she said this
was the only one they had in stock. I opened it and it was a UV haze filter. I
thought I had made it plain enough that they could figure out I did not want
that. No problems take it back and get them to order what we want.

        Her first day back at work was yesterday and she went to the shop in
her lunch time. She was told that the 18A is the same filter but it costs more
than twice as much. So according to them an 18A cuts out UV light.

        Not only that their oldest expert, who is apparently also a
professional photographer, told her that he could tell from the list that I was
just converting to digital photography and I was making basic mistakes, like he
did. And the only filter I really wanted was a star filter. Fortunately she is
a sensible girl and will only accept what's on the list.

        There was no digital specific items on the list. I do have a star
filter, which I haven't used in years.

        Bloody camera shops!

Stephen