However, for the same money, the 18-55 is a better lens. Unless you also want a ultra-wide zoom with no aperture ring for a film body (the 18-55 on covers 24-55 on a film body).

-Adam

John Forbes wrote:

No, it's not really that bad. For the price it's pretty good, and might even exceed your expectations. However, at that price, your expectations should not be sky high!

John