E.R.N. Reed wrote:
Seems my children's school has some of those floppy-using cameras available for the teachers to use. I've had the occasional request from some of the teachers to take pictures for them (with my ever-present camera) -- can't think why ...

They are (or were) great for educational use - give every child their own disk, and there's no faff over dumping memory cards to a computer and then working out who took what. Plus they can stick the disk straight into the computer they're using for their DTP lesson or whatever.