On 1/9/06, William Robb <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> They'll be fine if they are careful. I believe BC plows the roads when
> needed. He might want to carry and be prepared to use tire chains, and if he
> is planning on winter driving in the mountains, tell him to not attempt it
> without proper snow tires. Some of the drop offs go down a very long way.
>
> William Robb

This reminds me of the time my Dad & I drove from Jasper, Alberta  to
Victoria, BC in a '77 Honda Civic in early January of '96.

Dad wouldn't stop so I could take pictures of the mountains, so I
spent a lot of time with a cold face hanging out the passenger side
window:

<http://www.arach.net.au/~savage/Misc/Misc_010.htm>

I was never scared, but I was too young & dumb to know any better :-)

Dave