P. J. Alling a écrit :
I tried to make a similar exposure last night. Mars was clearly visible as the only "star" bright enough to show through the light haze, which caused there to be a slight halo around the Moon. Three exposures starting with "Moonie 11", with three reasonable exposures of the Moon, no Mars.
Are these pictures visible somewhere on the net? If you had haze, seems you'll need to do it again another day, though... However, there is no such conjunction soon...

Never mind, this Mars-Moon conjunction was not THAT spectacular... Just jumped on the opportunity.

frank theriault wrote:
I see a white dot.  Don't you?
The reddish/pinkish dot near the bottom left corner is Mars.
I think it's a pretty cool shot.  Just getting the two in the same
frame works for me.  <g>
Thanks Frank. I'm not sure getting Mars AND Moon on the same frame dramatically changes anything to the image (except for astro enthusiasts). This would have been the case if Mars was much closer to the moon.

Later, I regreted that I didn't shoot another frame with a longer exposure to show more background stars, then composited the two images... Another time.

Regards

Patrice

PS:

By the way, I didn't get your message, Frank, just your quotation by P.J.Alling. Strange mailserver black magic.