P. J. Alling wrote:
I looks like the software is trying to access a removable volume at startup. I've seen this kind of thing before with other versions of windows, each individual case seems to have a different cause and fix.

I had a similar issue too. A network drive was disconnected and PS CS on Win2K wanted to access it. Until I remapped the drive it would error on startup and if I kept clicking "cancel" (for all the volumes on that network drive) PS would start eventually.

Christian
middle posting now! :-)

Shel Belinkoff wrote:

Hi,
Just thought to check here as well as on the PS list and Adobe forums.

I'm using Win XP Home with 2gb RAM, 2-SATA 160gb hard disks, no printer
attached to this machine. The disk where the program resides is
defragmented every day.

I've been using the DNG 3.1 converter for a few months, and last night, for
the first time, I received this screen when I called up the converter:
http://home.earthlink.net/~my-pics/dng.jpg
If I click on CANCEL or CONTINUE, the program launches. Any idea what might
be going on?
Thanks,

Shel