danilo wrote:

from here:

http://www.zeiss.com/de/photo/home_e.nsf

"So along with the ZF line, we are also introducing "ZS" lenses. Carl
Zeiss ZS lenses come with the same optics as the ZF line; only the
mount is different. ZS has the M-42 screw mount, the one that used to
be called the "Universal SLR mount." We don't think the M-42 screw
mount is going to take the market by storm, but it has a unique
advantage: there are M-42 adapters available for any SLR bayonet
mounts, including Canon EOS and FD. So you can adapt a ZS lens onto
any 35 mm SLRs (and many other applications as well) if you crave the
optical characteristics of this lens line and are willing to get along
without the convenience functions of recent lenses. "

bye
danilo

Interesting, especially since F mount is the only major mount that can't take M42 lenses.

The 85/1.4 is looking interesting, if it comes in around the cost of the Nikon 85/1.4 (And CZ said in the announcement taht pricing will be similar to equivalent Nikkors) it will be a deal, especially compared to the fantastically priced EF 85/1.2 I've been drooling over.

-Adam