Proof positive to me, yet again, that I will certainly not depend upon Pentax software for my image processing needs.

Godfrey

Dario Bonazza wrote:

I've just been informed by Pentax that the following software cannot convert
RAW files taken with the *istDL:

PENTAX PHOTO Laboratory 1.0 (supplied with the *istD)
PENTAX PHOTO Laboratory 2.0 (supplied with the *istDS)
PENTAX PHOTO Laboratory 2.1 (early version, downloadable by Pentax website)

However, those files can be converted with the following versions of their
software:

PENTAX PHOTO Laboratory 2.1 (included in S-SW34 CD-ROM supplied with the
*istDL)
PENTAX PHOTO Laboratory 2.1 (included in S-SW43 CD-ROM supplied with the
*istDS2)

So, don't just trust on software version, as there are at least two (maybe
three) types of 2.1 currently available.