Fra: Malcolm Smith [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sendt: 18. januar 2006 10:48
Til: pentax-discuss@pdml.net
Emne: A reflection on digital camera use.

During December I rarely used a camera and when I did, it was for those sort
of pictures that required onward transmission quickly (eBay postings, school
concerts and Xmas pictures of the children to e-mail to relatives etc) and I
noticed how easily it was to get used to instant results.

This morning I got out my LX and realised how much I've missed shooting
film. With all the advantages of running costs, time and convenience of
digital use, I still want to be limited to the number of photographs I can
take on a film, the inconvenience of buying, storing and processing - both
costly and slow as I don't do this myself - and no immediate results.

I can't immediately think of a good reason as to why film still has such a
hold, although the anticipation of a set of developed slides landing on the
doormat from the post may well be part of it.

Time to buy some film. I miss it!

Malcolm