In a message dated 1/18/2006 6:07:22 AM Pacific Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
For years I used a very sturdy, 3.5kg Slik tripod, but
usually left it behind!  A few years ago I got a
Velbon Maxi 343E, and I carry it often.  Not as sturdy
and stable as the Slik, for sure, but with the center
column down and my camera bag hanging from it, steady
enough.  See today's PESO for an example.

Rick
I have a Velbon too, probably not that particular model. It's sturdy enough,
and besides I am using a DSLR that is pretty light weight. For me, I needed
one light enough to carry, one I would not leave at home all the time. And
Velbon is cheaper than B/M.

Marnie aka Doe