Unlike Minolta and Konica, Pentax is primarily a Photography company, it's not part of a large conglomerate, and it's very identity is based on a Camera. They may leave the photo market but they'll probably fight tooth and nail not to. Konica had left the SLR camera market once already. It was just a business decision for them.