Our local educational channel, TVO showed Robert Capa in Love and War
last night.  Terrific documentary.  I just wish they wouldn't have put
it on at 10pm;  I'm freaking tired this morning (but it was worth it).

Some exciting highlights:

1)  Seeing lots of photos of him, I was reminded that he has a
"unibrow" (ie:  his thick eyebrows actually join in the middle to form
one large eyebrow, just like Frida Kahlo).  People who've met me or
seen photos of me will understand my excitement <LOL>.

2)  Several clips were shown of God, er, HCB.  I'd never actually
heard him speak before.  It was a religious experience for me.

3)  After the WWII, Capa lived for a short period in Los Angeles, and
had a brief fling with <gasp!> Ingrid Bergman.  Some of you may know
that IMHO, after Audrey Hepburn, Ingrid Bergman is the most beautiful
woman in the history of the world, full stop.  I was not aware of this
affair until last night.  As an added bonus, the beautiful Isabella
Rossolini was interviewed in the doc.

4)  I know it was mentioned here before (perhaps by Shel?) that the
Jimmy Stewart character in Rear Window was sort of based loosely on
Capa, and was Hitchcock's sly reference to this affair.

Lots of other juicy tidbits, and overall, the doc was very well done.
I highly recommend it.

cheers,
frank