On Jan 19, 2006, at 15:36, Bob Shell wrote:

I was supposed to interview him about four years ago for Zoom magazine. We sent e-mails back and forth for weeks, but by the time he finished sending me a list of things I could not ask about or mention, there wasn't much left and I lost interest (main thing was absolutely no mention of Warhol, or those days). Of course he didn't have a show/book to promote at that time! Apparently that makes a big difference.

If you have read "Please Kill Me: The Uncensored Oral History of Punk", you'll know why he'd like to leave those days behind. Lou is one scary, messed-up person in that book. I'd be afraid to be in the same room with the man in that book.

(Slight recommendation for that book if you wonder where "punk" REALLY started. As a clue, I'll tell you it wasn't The Ramones and the Sex Pistols who started it - not by a long shot. Not a great book, but kind of interesting if you ever listened to any of the music referenced in there)

Granted, we all grow and change (and many of us even mature as we do it) so who knows what he's like these days? But.... wow.

 -Charles

--
Charles Robinson
[EMAIL PROTECTED]