From: "Pål Jensen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Multi-segment metering and exposure compensation

| With all due respect, I wouldn't pay much attention to this. I use
exposure compensation with multipattern metering all the time and in
contradiction to urban myth the metering doesn't really do weird
unpredictable things. Its quite easy, although it takes experience, to know
how the multipattern metering reacts to various situations. When this is
said, the multipattern metering of the newer Pentax slr's are top notch;
they are quite possibly the best around. The sucess rate is very high and
you can basically rely on it. However, multipattern meters get get fooled in
the same way that any other meter; they just cope better than eg. center
weighted meters but the same logic and precausions apply. I always, when
time permits, check the multipattern readout with the spot meter. In the
majority of cases I and the multipattern meter agree. Exposure is,
particularly in tricky lighting situations, often a matter of taste; the
photographer and the multi pattern metering might not agre!