How about Edward Steichen? Born in Luxembourg, studied/learned photography in Milwaukee, WI.

        -P

Lasse Karlsson wrote:
From: "Bob W" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <pentax-discuss@pdml.net>
Sent: Sunday, January 22, 2006 9:41 PM
Subject: RE: Weekend Quiz (Was: Merry Christmas everyone!)

No, not Stieglitz, Marnie. (Nor Ansel Adams.) Thanks för
guessing, I offer you this for your consolation:

I'm starting to think it may be too difficult a quiz for the
list. I was thinking that by some of the subjects, someone by
chance would run into the photographer's name.
He's name is not that well known. Neither is my purpose to
promote him above any body else's favourite photographer. I
simply have enjoyed looking at a number of his photographs as
I happened to run into them.
He was however at one time member of a certain group of
photographers, which included some of the most influential
20th century photographers.
Just like many other American photographers, he was born in Europe.

Perhaps you're about to tell us that they're by Bob Capa, but they sure
don't look like it. Perhaps they are by Cornell.

Or, maybe they're by one of the following: Erich Hartmann, Thomas Hoepker,
Erich Lessing.

But that would not explain why you can put your name to them.

I don't put my name to them.
Photo Net automatically does that.

I thought this was obvious and I clarified this in previous messages.
I didn't realize anyone would even think much about it.

Lasse