On Tue, 24 Jan 2006, Bob Shell wrote:

Funny you should ask that, Scott. Alien Skin Software today introduced Exposure. Part of this Photoshop plug-in is a suite of filters that emulate the look of specific films. Kodachrome 25 is there. They even have a filter to emulate the old GAF 500 slide film from the 70s!! The other part of the suite emulates a wide variety of black and white films. I've been playing with a pre-release version for a little while and have had great fun converting some of my digital shots and scans to the looks of a variety of old films. I just checked and don't see the info on their web site yet, but it should be up later today since this is the embargo date they gave us. www.alienskin.com

Thanks Bob. This could be very interesting. The oldest emulsion I use is Tri-X followed by... Superia :-) I can see a lot of historical, even educational value in taking a picture and applying these filters.

Assuming that they are accurate.

And bypassing the fact that I don't have any of the required software; still, maybe one day...

Kostas