On 26 Jul 2001, at 15:34, Frits J. Wüthrich wrote:

> Another questions was about barrel wobble: yes, there is play in the
> lens barrel, it is noticeable at 24mm and is worse at 90mm. How bad
> that is in general is something I don't know.

Mine has also some "wobble". But except from the LTD lenses I
haven´t seen any AF lens without that. Well I haven´t got any FA*
lenses.

> While I was on vacation in Ireland (beautiful country, very friendly
> people) I noticed something with my lens: when zooming from 24 to 90
> mm, around 40mm there is a point where there is something snapping
> (don't know how to describe that correct due to my limited ability to
> express myself in the English language), you can feel it and even hear
> it. Going from 90 to 24 mm there is nothing. I am sure it wasn't there
> when I first got it. Are there others with the same experience? Any
> suggestions what it could be?

No I haven´t notice anything like that. Could be some dust inside.

Even though it feels a bit "plastic", in real world use I find the
mechanical quality quite good. Ok lets see what I say in a few
years :-)
Optical it is really super (for a zoom) I haven´t made real test shots
but the slides I have back until now are really super. Sharp,
contrasty and really low distortion at the 24mm end.

Andreas