I've already said that Pentax is far too late in releasing this camera.

However, I suspect it might be moderately successful. Many of the people who used to shoot with the 645 will have held onto their lenses, so their only cost in switching back will be the new body, and perhaps a new wide-angle.

It's certainly going to push second-hand lens prices up a bit. If they reach a happy stage where they tempt people to sell them, but are not too expensive to buy, then I am sure some small-format DSLR people would be interested because it will be a cheaper way into big sensors than going Canon FF, and there is none of the hassle and cost of shooting big negatives/slides which used to put people off using film MF.

Of course, much will depend on price.

John