On 25 Jan 2006 at 22:52, Pål Jensen wrote:

> [...]

They may well be able to spit out a sensor in short time, the question is will
it be as good and as polished as those produced by companies who have been
optimising similar technologies for decades, I suspect not. I don't subscribe
to your suggestion "The production side of technology is really not an issue.",
of course it is, why do you think companies often specialize in certain types
of semiconductor device production.

But you are correct, it's all conjecture regarding Samsung at this point
however the fact is that they have not marketed any sensors APS sized or above
such as the entrenched and proven players in the industry. So the best policy
is not to present your speculation as if it's fact.

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998