The flash contacts, (switch on the shutter), go flaky after a while,.probably oxidation, as exercising the shutter usually returns function. A good CLA will fix that, if the Tech knows his stuff.
Peter Loveday wrote:

Went to an auction a couple of days ago (deceased estate stuff), with the intention of buying a Coffee machine and Ladder (both of which I did).

Picked up a mixed lot of camera and other gear, including:

   MX Body
   M 50/1.7 Lens
   Takumar Bayonet 28/2.8 Lens
   Kodak Retinette 1A
   Jelco V-8III 8mm movie camera
   3 Flash guns; one hammerhead style GN48(m)
   Tripod

Plus a slide projector, reel-reel tape deck, turntable and other misc crap :)

All in ex condition; A$65 for the lot.  Pretty happy with that.

The MX meter appears to be working okay; any other MX problems I should be aware of?

It even has a film in... not sure if I dare process it :)

Love, Light and Peace,
- Peter Loveday

--
When you're worried or in doubt, Run in circles, (scream and shout).