----- Original Message ----- From: "Rob Studdert" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I doubt it's your network, if it has network problems then it won't be able to log on, my bets are on a graphics driver incompatibility. Try starting it from the start menu using the DirectX start icon. If it still doesn't open successfully then change your screen colour depth, the aim is to get the application to open and remain open so that you can get into the options tab and optimise the settings to suite the particular machine. It's worth the
effort.

I think Mike is right about the network being the obstacle. I just ran a packet capture, and found that the app use port 1097 and 1098 for authentication towards the Google server. It needs to log on to fetch map graphics. Corporate/university firewall usually blocks all traffic on high ports (>1024), so that could very well explain why the app stalls in startup.

Jostein