It really depends on intent I guess. There is an intent to deceive in the use of the E-meter, somewhere along the way, because anyone with the least understanding of biology and electronics can tell you exactly how it works and what it is doing, and it sure as hell isn't what the auditor says it is. The Pope may believe in a very improbable story as the basis for his belief, but it's a belief, not a con, at least as far as I can tell.
mike wilson wrote:

No, I was referring to a person being pacified by some kind of man-made placebo
as opposed to having faith in a historical tale that contradicts commonsense.
From: "P. J. Alling" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: 2006/01/27 Fri AM 09:07:56 GMT
To: pentax-discuss@pdml.net
Subject: Re: OT: Capa Doc

I'm not weird, you think I made that up?

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Secrets/E-Meter/

From: "P. J. Alling" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: 2006/01/27 Fri AM 08:25:20 GMT
To: pentax-discuss@pdml.net

I find that easier to stomach than that a box full of loose wires badly connected together can give me inner peace, or haven't you heard about auditing...
Peter, you're weird.

Bob W wrote:

I know he's a Scientologist, but I don't feel that his enthusiasm for Scientology makes him weird. Certainly no more weird than other people with strong religious or political beliefs. With that as a basis, then you might have to consider the pope as being weird.

he believes a man was born of a virgin, and subsequently came back from the
dead.
I'd say that was weird.

Bob

--
When you're worried or in doubt, Run in circles, (scream and shout).

Email sent from www.ntlworld.com
Virus-checked using McAfee(R) Software Visit www.ntlworld.com/security for more information