Since I only submitted to the very first PUG, back in 1997, I think I don't have good reasons for contradicting anyone here. Regular submitters (and woud-be submitters as well) should better speak loud now.

Dario

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Francis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <pentax-discuss@pdml.net>
Sent: Sunday, January 29, 2006 9:34 PM
Subject: PUG (No longer Re: *istD2)

As others have observed, PUG submissions are significantly
down as compared to previous years.  While I'm sure that
a lot of this is because of the upsurge in PAW/PESO/...,
I really don't feel this is the time to make it harder to
submit to the PUG.

It's my belief that the restrictive rules (only Pentax gear
for the PUG, but anything goes for a PAW) contributes in no
small way to the decreasing significance of the PUG, and if
any change were proposed I'd suggest just dropping the rule.
It's not as if we expect the PUG to be overrun by submissions
from outsiders, after all.  I'd like to see the best work from
any of the list members, no matter what camera they were using
that day.