I finally got around to running a few prints today. I ran some 8x10s that I needed for the dog trial. They look pretty good using Epson Premium Lustre paper. Close to the quality I get from my wet paper printer at work. In some respects, better. So emboldened, I decided to run a 16x20 of a shot I did on the view camera in Monument Valley and scanned in using the Epson 2450 scanner. Though the original was a Fujichrome tranparency, I decided this one I would do in monochrome, to see how that works. Again, very good quality, though not as good as the wet prints I made from the B&W negs. Some, or most of this is, I am sure, attributable to the scanner, probably a drum scan would give a better job.
Finally, I am just finishing running a 16x20 that I shot on the istD.
This one I cleaned up with Neat Image a wee bit, as this is definitely pushing what I think a 6mp camera is capable of.
This print is also very nice indeed.

Making big prints this way is a blast. I think I am going to enjoy this printer quite a lot.

William Robb