On Jan 31, 2006, at 14:02, Cory Papenfuss wrote:
        Called up the camera shop.  It was a Minolta X-700.

I haven't done a direct comparison, but it seems no less bright than the stock -DS screen. It could even be brighter (and would explain the propensity for the camera to underexpose a bit)

I know it doesn't make any sense, but a couple messages I've read have stated that the Katz-Eye screen (which DOES appear brighter in the viewfinder) actually makes the camera OVER expose. If that's the case, it would indicate that your replacement screen is, in fact, a shade darker.

I repeat again that I don't know why a brighter screen would cause overexposure... Just saying what I've read.

 -Charles

--
Charles Robinson
[EMAIL PROTECTED]