To: <pentax-discuss@pdml.net>
Sent: Monday, January 30, 2006 11:43 PM
Subject: Re: PUG (No longer Re: *istD2)

Well,

but up to which limit?
Mmmmhhh, what if I attach my Zenitar lens to my Ricoh body, even if they are connected by a K mount?

Or:
"Taken with a Canikolta, with a Pentax Filter attached"?

"Lighting measured with Pentax digital spot meter, picture taken with an Olyflex"?

"Lens cover detached for taking picture is branded Pentax"???

I see some wisdom in the rule that at least a Pentax camera or lens must be used, period. And yes, I do take pictures with my Minolta Autocord, Olympus C-5050, or whatever comes to hand or seems right at the moment, but I don't feel a need to contribute these pictures to PUG.

And I do agree on what Bob Sullivan said about commitment created by restrictions. I'm not yet at the level that I go and take pictures related to the monthly theme, but this is something I want to get close to, because it is part of a collective effort.

Pancho

Dario Bonazza schrieb:

I keep suggesting the most obvious rule:

"There must be some Pentax equipment involved"

(IMO, even disguised, if well known it is Pentax like in case of Samsung clones)

Dario