I can understand guys modifying existing screens to fit other cameras, but as to buying new ones, why wouldn't you first try Pentax?
I looked @ Beatties, but the cost new was prohibitive for me.
I've replaced the screens in my PZ1, PZ1P, MZ-S & *istD & have no problem with the Pentax screens.

Kenneth Waller

----- Original Message ----- From: "Fred" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: MX screen in my istD - another question

Also there was a company that made screens for the LX, does anyone know
whether they still exist, and whether they have made  screens for the
*istD family?

For the LX screens, you're probably thinking of the Beattie "Intenscreens"
(as I think they were called) ( http://www.intenscreen.com/ ).  [Pentax
itself eventually produced three (I think it was) upgraded screens for the
LX that are just as good as the Beattie screens, IMHO, and the Pentax
tweezers were a whole lot better than the tweezers supplied by Beattie,
too.] However, it doesn't seem as if Beattie is making any screens for the
Pentax DSLR's (or any DSLR's, I guess).

There are now "Katz Eye" screens now available for the Pentax DSLR's (
http://www.katzeyeoptics.com/cat--Pentax-DSLR-s--cat_pentax.html ), if you
don't want to try grinding down a 35mm film body's screen for your DSLR
(and if you don't mind the expense too much).

Fred