On 2/3/06, William Robb <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > Apparently, having a chainsaw makes it easier to cross borders...
>
> Only if coming into Canada.

One would think, but remember last year?

http://www.diggersrealm.com/mt/archives/001106.html

Mind you, when Dave and I came back into The Great White North from
GFM last year with the remnants of many people's beers in his giant
cooler, a lovely young thing at the border smiled at us, asked where
we lived (never asked for ID), and asked if we had alcohol or tobacco
to declare.  Dave said "we have about 48 beer in the cooler left over
from out camping trip."  She smiled a big gorgeous smile and said, "Do
you mean ~about~ 48 beer, or ~exactly~ 48 beer?"  Dave smiled back and
said, "Oh yeah, ~exactly~ 48 beer,"  and she waved us through.

No ID check, no searches, didn't even ask if we had anything else to declare.

I think it was Dave's Kenora Tux that got us through.  That, and his
beard along with my week-old stubble.  What else could we be but
Canucks?

<LOL>

cheers,
frank