For those interested in the performance of this lens, I have added a couple
of pictures taken with it to my website.  These are the last two under the
category "People and Places, at

http://ca.geocities.com/spirope/photopage.htm

The first of these, showing the Divinity School at Oxford University, was
done under dim lighting conditions, with the lens nearly wide open.  The
people in the background are out of focus, but the ceiling of the room, at
the top of the picture, is reasonably sharp even in the corners.

The second, showing Christie's wine auction branch in London, was done about
f/5.6.  The top left corner can be seen to be slightly soft (the right
corners are out of focus, since I focussed on the part of the building
closest to me).  The scan loses some of the detail.  In my original print,
the writing in the window and on the street sign is very sharp and clear.