On Feb 5, 2006, at 10:33 AM, Lucas Rijnders wrote:

The adaptation possibility for Pentax K-mount makes the possibility of an Olympus, or Panasonic, 4/3 camera an intriguing idea. I am pretty

I'd test that before spending lots of money on it if I were you. I gathered OM lenses are, with one or two exceptions, not very popular with Olympus E-users. Unless Pentax lenses of that period are vastly superior (which I somehow doubt), they might disappoint on an 4/3's sensor.

Not sure what you mean, Lucas.

Most Oly E-system users want the automation capabilities of the latest lenses, that's why OM lenses are not very popular. Just like most Pentax DSLR users want the automation capabilities of the latest lenses. I had an OM-1n kit for several years in the 1970s. It took very very good photographs, on par with other pro quality 35mm SLRs of the time.

If the Pentax lenses I have now work well on the Pentax *ist DS (and they do), I cannot imagine why they would work poorly on an Olympus 4/3 sensor.

Godfrey