On Sun, 05 Feb 2006 22:30:09 +0100, Godfrey DiGiorgi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Feb 5, 2006, at 12:21 PM, Lucas Rijnders wrote:

I gathered, but it is hearsay from memory, that most OM lenses are simply not sharp enough on the 4/3's sensor. It is both smaller and higher resolution. It might not be true: that's why I said to test for yourself :o)

I consider the Olympus OM system lenses to be comparable to same-era Pentax lenses of like focal lengths, at least with respect to resolution and contrast, rectilinear correction. If it were true that the OM lenses aren't sharp enough for the E system sensor, it's likely true that the Pentax lenses aren't either.

Hi Godfrey,

Found my source: <http://www.wrotniak.net/photo/oly-e/omz.html>.

--
Regards, Lucas