On Feb 6, 2006, at 9:20 AM, Don Williams wrote:

Did you know that the Promaster extension cable for the Pentax costs $60? They are probably made in China for a tenth of this. ...

Yes. That's about half the price of the three/four Pentax flash connections components put together to effect the same thing, also likely made in China these days, and about the same as the Canon, Nikon, Minolta, and Contax dedicated flash extension cables that I've had to buy in the past.

I'll use a hotshoe adapter in the meantime. And perhaps make a proper cable later by connecting two of them together.

Whatever. I thought you were trying to fix a problem.

Godfrey