As I said in another post, the DS2 is, and has been, in stock at B&H Photo and Adorama.

DG

At 07:59 AM 2/7/2006 -0800, you wrote:
Aaron wrote:

I think part of it is the DL2 -- I really don't know how they compare, but
the
DL2 is 'newer'.

I saw one press release that said the DS2 was "back by popular demand" --
meaning it's already been off the market once.  I don't know what the sales
numbers are like, but I'm sure there's no dedicated, full-time DS2
production
line.  My bet would be that they make a pile, sell them, make another pile,
sell them, make a pile of something else for a while, then make some more
DS2s.
 A camera's popularity or lack thereof is a really tricky thing to judge.

Well, none of that relieves my frustration.  Being on a tight budget right
now, it would be difficult to buy the camera elsewhere and pay more.

Shel