[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
And, BTW, Keith, I haven't heard the Lumberjack song, so maybe you are right that it is more a riff on macho macho man (the movie In and Out with Kevin Kline did it too).

The lyrics (in English) are here:
http://www.lyricsdownload.com/monty-python-completelumberjack-song-lyrics.html

I'm not a fanatic Python fan; I think they've done some funny stuff and some very unfunny stuff.

The Lumberjack song has one of those catchy tunes that gets stuck in your head (mine anyway), it's quite silly and, for me, I always saw it as sending up big, manly men with huge biceps and hairy chests who stride about chopping things down, knocking things over, and so on...

Also all the Brit shows I mentioned are pretty old, Monty Python, Benny Hill. Maybe British humor has changed a bit.

Very, very, very old...but some (the Python "dead parrot" sketch) is classic British comedy.

Keith McG