Adorama carries the Kenko, Tamron and Tokina.
The Tokina is the lowest priced 7 element 2x.
I have/have had the Tamron and Promaster 4 and
7 element ones, the 7 element are far better
optically.(Tamron and Promaster are identical.)
They are very usable but image quality still
suffers noticably.
After using the Pentax F 1.7x converter I'm
very spoiled.
I do however use the Tamron 1.4x on ocassion,
it's quite good with short/medium teles.
Works very well with the Tamron SP90/2.8
Macro.

Don