Collin R Brendemuehl wrote:

> 1. Which lens are you willing to get beat in a harsh environment
> when you don't want to take the nice lenses out to play.
>
> 2. Which lens will you only bring out in the nicest conditions?
> (and as a result this lens, though perhaps now having some age to it,
> still looks like new)

I just use the lens I think is best for the job regardless of the
conditions. My second most expensive lens (80-200/2.8) is my most abused
and beat up. If I ever found myself not using a lens because I was too
worried about it getting harmed I'd sell the lens and buy something that
I'd actually use.

--
Mark Roberts
Photography and writing