I'll just note that things have come a long way since the 1270 was the better option for B&W printing.

Personally, I'm running a C86 and printing BO (I got lucky with the C86, most can't do good BO) and am getting prints good enough to show. If I'd bought a month later, I would have gone with the R200 and MIS inks, which weren't an option when I got my C86.

-Adam