--- Nenad Djurdjevic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I was just looking at the lens info and pictures on
> Boz's webpage and I
> noticed that the A35-135 3.5-4.5 lens appears to
> have the same "look" as the
> A35-210 3.5-4.5.  Does this mean that it is also a
> rebadged Tokina? (I note
> that the 35-135 was also available as a F-lens).  If
> so, how many other
> A-lenses are actually not 'real' Pentax lenses?

The 35-200 is the only possibly rebadged 3rd party
A-lens that I am aware of (I don't know the 35-135
though).

> Of late I have been feeling quite nostalgic for what
> I thought were well
> made, metal and glass A-lenses and was browsing the
> second-hand market for
> 'oldies but goodies' (such as A70-210 f4, A28-135
> f4, and the above
> mentioned lenses).  Now however I'm starting to
> think my plastic F and FA
> lenses are maybe not so bad after all and that maybe
> I will forget the old
> MF lenses and buy a new FA80-320 instead.

I would make the decision AF or MF lens according to
your photographic preferences. For my part, I wouldn't
buy an MF telephoto lens anymore. AF offers much more
flexibility particularly for telephoto shooting of
(fast) moving subjects.
Enjoy,
Alexander