Derby Chang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>I didn't expect to win this, but I don't mind. The lens looks intriguing.
>http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7587528629&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSA:AU:11
>

>Googling hasn't come up with anything. Does anyone know who Tasmanex is?
>It can't be a live firing exercise in the Tasman sea.
>http://www.defence.gov.au/media/DepartmentalTpl.cfm?CurrentId=5401

Years ago there used to be a whole lot of 400mm f/6.3 lenses that looked
almost identical, being sold under various brand names. I wouldn't be
surprised if they were all made by the same company and just rebranded.
The notorious Cambridge Camera sold one under their Cambron name. I
think a few of the other mail order houses had similar items.

--
Mark Roberts
Photography and writing