On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 17:00:22 -0000, Cory Papenfuss <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Cory,

Thank you. Can you remember if anything else came adrift when you removed the flange, or was it very straightforward? From bitter experience, I know that I'm much better at taking things apart than I am at putting them back together.

Unfortunately, it depends on the lens from my experience. I was successful on a Vivitar 28-105/3.5-4.5, but unsucessful on a VS1 70-210/2.8-4.0 (gen3). The former was trivial... four (six?) screws and the whole rear flange came off in one pice to be adulterated. I could never figure out how to get the rear flange off the latter. The -A mechanism was much more cantankerous on that one. After messing with it for awhile, I realized that if the aperture ring was in the 'A' setting on that lens, the *Richoh* pin retracted. If it were to ever fall in the AF hole, putting the lens on 'A' would disengage it. Of course, the lens is almost always on 'A' anyway.

        Sorry I can't be of more help... I'm sure it depends on the lens.

Sadly, the lens in question is the VS1 70-210 by Komine - presumably what you call "gen3".

Ah well.  Thanks anyway.

John