On 13 Feb 2006 at 18:18, Jens Bladt wrote:

> I do know that film used to be even worse. But that was yesterday. Talking
> about the new high end Pentax DSLR is now!

Jens there are physical limits WRT noise minimization and we are nearly there
on the physical side, there will be new methods of filtration developed I'm
sure but don't expect too much more from sensors. For a very concise
description of why this is see (link supplied by Herb Chong):

http://white.stanford.edu/~brian/papers/ise/CMOSRoadmap-2005-SPIE.pdf

And if you would like to see comparison images from most of the current cameras
at high ISO see:

http://digitalcamera.impress.co.jp/06_02/auth/toku1/index_iso.htm

Cheers,

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998