On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 01:16:41 -0000, Rob Studdert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 13 Feb 2006 at 14:49, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

It may depend on how you hold your camera. I use the very large A*135 and sometimes the A*85 on an *istD without a grip, and don't have any problems. On the contrary, I support the lens with my left hand with the elbow supported to my chest so it takes most of the weight, and I find that a grip comes in the way. That's one of the nice things with Pentax, the camera is just a small and light something mounted on the lens .-)

I don't have any problems using front heavy lenses on my *ist D body (sans grip) either, maybe it's that old habit of supporting each lens at the balance
point that does the trick :-)

I've always found this balance business a bit weird. Presumably those who complain about bad balance can never use a telephoto, or even a pancake lens.

It's not how big it is that counts, it's what you do with it! :-)

John