----- Original Message ----- From: "Christian"
Subject: Re: Two high-end Pentax DSLR this year

You sure about Canon? They've introduced 3 film bodies in the last 18 months (Elan 7N[e], Rebel T2, Rebel G2). It's Nikon and Konica Minolta that have abandoned that market.

Are you sure about that?  See: Nikon F6

I could be wrong, I believe I read somewhere that Canon had introduced, or would soon introduce their last film SLR body some months ago. The F6 is, by Nikons own admission, their last film SLR, and was introduced more as a legacy/vanity camera than as a camera they expect to sell a lot of. I don't think either company still has a film P&S camera in their line up, but I also have better things to do at the moment than check whether or not this is the case.

William Robb