> Spent several hours reading the reports once I got on the forum from the
> DPReview. The KatzEye looks like a winner, so now am just waiting for the
> money to fall into my hands :-)

Well, the latest report thread really criticizes the Katz Eye screens.  The
current consensus (at least for those speaking the loudest lately) is that
the focus aids are great for focusing, but that the effect on exposure is
deleterious (very inconsistent exposures, generally overexposing by
unpredictable amounts).  However, I have one, and I'm not about to give it
up yet - it is ~so~ good for manual focusing (and it seems to cause no
autofocus problems) that I'm willing (so far, anyhoo) to put up with less
than ideal exposures.  I still have to experiment a bit, but I'm hoping
that the "unpredictability" of the exposure accuracy can become more
predictable with practice (I am hoping that each lens, fast versus slow,
say, will have a corresponding exposure compensation factor).  We'll see...

Fred