An enabled John Celio wrote:
-- Delkin pop-up LCD shade
http://www.delkin.com/store/customer/product.php?productid=270&cat=63&page=1
I had to do a little surgery to get this to fit properly on my *ist D, but
it was worth the effort (had to cut the eyepiece off and epoxy it back on a little to the right). The shade makes a huge difference in bright sunlight,
and I like having it there to protect my screen anyway.

John -

What does the end result look like? I'm looking for something to protect the still unscratched D LCD and, since Delkin doesn't have one specific to the D, I've been looking at their 1.8 generic. Hadn't thought of hanging the DS on - there's that difference in screen size.

Larry in Dallas