On 2/14/06, Gautam Sarup <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 2/14/06, frank theriault <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > It ruled the part of the world that mattered...
>
> It was a different part that mattered then...

Gautam,

My comment was intended to be semi-humourous, and I should have put a
smiley on it.

It was also intended to be a somewhat mocking tautology: once Rome
"ruled" an area, it mattered, and conversely, if Rome didn't "rule"
it, it didn't matter.

I now realize that my post might have been read by some as offensive
and demeaning to those in some parts of the world, but it was
certainly not my intention to insult anyone;  I hope you didn't take
it that way.

cheers,
frank