Paul Stenquist wrote:
If B&H says, "notify when in stock," then the camera has not been discontinued. They're probably the number one seller of cameras in the world, and if they say they're getting more stock, you can be sure that Pentax has assured them that they're getting more stock. I'm not surprised that the *istDS2 sold out quickly. It's well featured and quite a bargain. Pentax may be trying to stimulate *istDL sales by holding back on delivery of the DS2, but all marketers do that. You can be sure that it's temporary.
Paul
On Feb 15, 2006, at 10:45 PM, Shel Belinkoff wrote:

I think the DS and DS2 are great cameras. I bought one. Now, after being
out less than a year, the DS2 has become scarce as hen's teeth.  That is
~frustrating~ especially since I don't know if the camera has been
discontinued, if there's just a slowdown in delivery, or what.  Even the
sites listed on the Pentax web site don't have the DS2 - lots of DL's
though.

I'm not looking for newer, faster, bigger, better - I just want the camera
they are supposedly producing.

Shel

[Original Message]
From: Godfrey DiGiorgi

I'm not exasperated with Pentax. I'm exasperated with the knee-jerk
reactions by Pentax users, both here and on the other forums. To me,
the fact that they came out with a very successful *ist D, then
followed it with a very solid and useful *ist DS, DL, DS2 models that
are closely related shows that they have good guts in the design, and
are willing to put in the time and money for a carefully considered
development program.

There is NOTHING wrong with the D or the DS/DL/DS2 bodies. They may
not be the top-end market leaders on features or speed, and they may
not be at the state of the art on resolution anymore, but they are
solid, reliable, consistent, high quality cameras which are
absolutely useful and produce excellent photographs.

--
Dr E D F Williams