Pål wrote:

PJ> Thats seem pretty starnge to me. I have no experience with the
PJ> MZ-5n but my experience with multi pattern metering is that it can
PJ> be considered "right" close to 90% of the time. A 50% failure rate
PJ> seem to be about right for centerweighted metering.

  A typical situation where MZ-5N multisegment fails is a common
  horizontal mountain landscape with the lower half of the image
  occupied by the dark-gray ridge, while the above is a blue sky with
  white clouds. Light is flat (with side or back light things get
  worse).
  On slide film (Sensia, RSX, CTPrecisa, Elitechrome, you name it) sky
  gets burnt out with clouds barely distinguishable while mountain is
  rendered almost correct. But close the aperture one stop and voila,
  sky is acceptable and there still are enough details on the
  mountain.
  On negative film, the original multisegment exposure gives enough
  details both on sky and mountain for the processor to render
  correctly everything.

PJ> This may be true for the MZ-5n but not for the 645n and the MZ-S
PJ> based on preliminary results.

  I strongly suspect that cameras above MZ-5N are all capable to read
  the DX-coded film latitude and use it to adjust exposure
  specifically for the film loaded (obviously, this is not the case
  with 645n which may be simply biased for slide film).

  Servus, Alin