William Robb wrote:

----- Original Message ----- From: "E.R.N. Reed"
Subject: Re: Religon, Christ vs. the Other Guy

Just a reminder: Suicide bombers murdered large numbers of Americans in the USA *before* the US invaded Afghanistan or Iraq.

I recall the USA invaded Iraq in the early 1990s.

OK, I'm shaky on whether they actually invaded Iraq (as opposed to Kuwait) in Desert Storm, but they certainly did not occupy it, so if they did in fact invade at that time, they were long out of there before 2001. (Recall that I was commenting on the suggestion that Moslem suicide bombers are somehow the result of the occupation of Moslem countries.)

The USA, and other western countries (Great Britain is a notable offender as well) have been pissing around, causing trouble in the Middle East for a very, very long time, several centuries or longer.
Something called the Crusades comes to mind.

The USA has been around for less than three centuries, which is not what I would call "several." Definitely came into being well after the Crusades.