Paal Jensen wrote:
"All Pentax needs to do is to make a camera thats obviously is inspired by
the original LX in design and looks and that fill a similar role in the
line-up."

We ~know~ that Pentax can do this, or else there would be no 6711 or 645n.
Who's complaining about features on those cameras?

BTW I read an interview with the designer of the 645n, in which he said that
the matrix metering had been calibrated to give similar results to the
centre-weighted metering of the 645, unlike the 35mm cameras, where this was
not taken into account. The reason for this was given as the users of 645
and 645n already understood exposure compensation and when to use it,
whereas 35mm users wanted the camera to make the necessary adjustments
automatically. Sounds very sensible to me, as the success rate of my
uncompensated MZ5n is very high, and if I want to have full control for some
reason I can easily choose spot or CW metering and use compensation. Truly
the best of all worlds and far better than the ME super with CW only (how
much bias is given to the central area?, how big is the central area? I
don't know!)

Regards
Jim Brooks

E-MAILS are susceptible to interference.  You should not assume that
the contents originated from the sender or the Zetex Group or that they
have been accurately reproduced from their original form.
Zetex accepts no responsibility for information, errors or omissions in
this e-mail nor for its use or misuse nor for any act committed or
omitted in connection with this communication.
If in doubt, please verify the authenticity with the sender.

Visit our new look website at  http://www.zetex.com   Bigger and better with improved
functionality